Online Pleasure Craft Operator Card Course
Get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card (Boating Licence) Online using our comprehensive online course!
Anyone operating a motorized pleasure craft in Alberta is required to obtain proof of education from a Transport Canada–approved course. Follow these 3 simple steps to get your PCOC (Boating Licence)
1. Use our easy online course to study for your test on any internet-enabled device.
2. Pass the online test (unlimited free retries if needed).
3. Immediately print your temporary card while we mail you your permanent card.
This online course may be taken from any internet-enabled computer and can be paused and returned to at any time. There is a federally-required minimum time set for each module. You must view the slide modules for the required amount of time before being permitted to move onto the next module and complete the course.
Please use a computer (laptop or a desktop) for optimal performance. Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
- Unlimited free retries on the final test
- Study at your own pace - take up to a year to complete the course. Pause and return at any time!
- You can print a temporary card (PCOC) at home once you pass the PCOC test while your permanent card is being made and mailed to you in 6 weeks/days.
- Your PCOC is good for life!
- The course will take you at least 3 hours (Federal requirement)
- Transport Canada PCOC Test
- 50 multiple-choice questions open book test
- 75 % pass mark (38/50)
- Test time is 1 hour 15 minutes (75mins)
- You must take the PCOC test within 30 days of completing the online course.
- If you fail your first test attempt, you must wait 24hrs before trying again.
- If you fail the test a second time, you must repeat the online course but at no cost.
Save when you buy with friends!
For more information on AHEIA's Pleasure Craft Operator Card, visit albertaboatsafety.com
Note: This Online Study Guide has been approved by Transport Canada strictly on the basis that it meets the requirements of the Standard for Pleasure Operator Card Testing over the Internet (TP 15080E) and the Boating Safety Course and Test Syllabus (TP 14932E). This approval does not represent confirmation of authorship by the course provider. Personal information collected during the registration process is required to issue a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) and register a candidates’ PCOC record in the National Pleasure Craft Operator Card Database System.
Replacement cards are $15 + GST for one or two replacements, $10 + GST for 3 or more copies. To order replacement cards please contact us at 1-866-852-4342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This comprehensive, easy-to-use online boating education program covers important boat-safety topics, including:
- Module 1 - Getting your boat ready
- Module 2 - Keeping You and Your Boat Safe
- Module 3 - Getting Ready to Sail
- Module 4 - Following Rules of the Water
- Module 5 - Preventing and Responding to Emergencies
- Final Test - Transport Canada